What is the legal remedy to have my case heard before a judge if my time has expired in an ud case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

i believe the la provider neglected to take reasonable care and concern in preparing my documents and other processes?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael Raymond Daymude


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you failed to timely respond to an unlawful detainer and your default has been entered, the remedy is to file a motion for relief from default pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure 473c.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,996 answers this week

2,711 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,996 answers this week

2,711 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary