What is the legal amount for a lawyer to present your lawsuit case

Cincinnati, OH |

my sister lawyer charged her 45% of her money in a class action lawsuit i think he over charged her

1. A class action lawsuit is lots of risk and no pay if it loses. Many attorneys take a contingency percentage.

2. That is a normal amount for a contingency case that goes to trial.

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.

3. That does not seem excessive. I recognize you hold different thoughts on the matter, but it is not an uncommon percentage in such an action, and it likely is in accord with the representation agreement she signed with her counsel at the beginning of the representation.