What is the legal age to register a sole proprietorship in New York.

Cato, NY |
Filed under: Sole proprietorship

I have recently been looking for a job. I am 17 years old. I would like to know what age I have to be to legally register my business. It will be a odd jobs sort of thing. Doing labor or such for people among other things.

1. I commend your entrepreneurial spirit, and no matter what anyone tells you (including me), don't let yourself be discouraged from your goals! When you say "register a sole proprietorship", what do you mean? I recommend you search the attorney profiles here on AVVO for an attorney in your area, and make some calls for a consultation. A good attorney is always a part of the business team and there' no time like the present to start building your team. You will have many questions as you start up your operation, most of which cannot be answered simply in a forum such as this, so the sooner you find an attorney you can call on for advice, the better. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

2. Q. I would like to know what age I have to be to legally register my business.

A. 18 years, at which time you will be deemed an adult.

Mike.

3. 18 is the age at which you will be an adult and can enter into contracts.

This response is for general education purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Business topics