What is the legal age for a child to decide who they what to live with

Sarasota, FL |
Filed under: Legal custody

I am going through custody battle with my ex-husband for my 2 boys.15 & 9yrs old. They what to be with mom due to his anger problem & mental abuse to the children but to prove that the judge need to listen to children inwhich is not allowed? Just hear say right now? Besides that, isnt my 15 yr old son old enough to decide himself who he wants to be with?

15 and 9 are too young for them to make decisions. A judge may decide to speak to your 15 year old though.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.

Child custody topics