What is the law regarding getting child support and being on disability, including benefits to support my child?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

Where can I find this info? I've been told my getting ss disability and also getting it for my daughter to support her cancels out getting child support from the father. Why are they even related? Isn' t disability my income?

1. Hillary Johns

2

Answered . It's pertinent in terms of your relative income which is a statewide guideline formula. You can hire a lawyer or go to the courts self help website. Don't rely on non- lawyers for legal advice

2. Pamela Janet Ross

2

Answered . Here is the calculator for California
    https://www.cse.ca.gov/ChildSupport/cse/guideli...

You would put the disability in the disability section for income and not as wages/salary.

3. Atousa Saei

Pro

2

Answered . While you can use the child support calculator provided in Ms. Ross' answer, I would highly recommend that you consult with an experienced California family law attorney to review the details of your case and help you formulate a legal strategy. I hope this helps and have a nice weekend.