What is the law regarding a neighbor having video cameras pointed at the door of a persons home?

Asked over 2 years ago - Chelan, WA

I am renting. I'm never delinquent with monthly payment. He may, or may not have permission from my landlord, to watch my home and yard.

I am renting. I'm never delinquent with monthly payment. He may, or may not have permission from my landlord, to watch my home and yard. What is the law regarding a neighbor having video cameras pointed at a persons home?

1. George O. Tamblyn

Pro

Answered . You may have a claim for invasion of privacy. If the neighbor's camera is specifically set to just view your yard, you may have a good claim. However, it the neighbor's camera is set to survey his/her yard and only, incidently, includeds yours, your claim will not be as good. You should consult a lawyer or at least GOOGLE "invasion of privacy."