What is the law on DUID in PA for Marijuana?

Asked about 5 years ago - West Chester, PA

Daughter was pulled over for a non traffic reason and the cop decided she wasn't acting propwerly so he arrested her and took her to the hospital for blood test. I read that PA has per se rules but the cop was telling me it's zero tolerance.

1. Nicholas M. D'Alessandro Jr.

Answered . It is againast the law to operate a vehicle with marijuana in your system. A police officer must have a valid reason to conduct a stop of a car and must have probable cause to believe that she was under the influence in order to arrest her for DUI and ask for a blood test. Zero tolerance is not a legal phrase and therefore, will not have a bearing on your daughter's case. You should consult an attorney as soon as possible.

**This response does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. Okorie Okorocha

1

Answered . Per Se usually means a certain blood level of an intoxicant and zero tolerance usually means you can have none in your system, so both of those answers may be true.