What is the law of ohio for an 18 year old male to date a 16 year old girl?

Asked over 1 year ago - Swanton, OH

I like an underage girl and wondering if i could still date her and was wondering what does ohio's law clearly state about my situation?

1. Kyle J Bristow

4

Answered . The age of consent in Ohio is sixteen for purposes of sexual conduct/contact (http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2907.04). However, you could be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor if you cause her to become unruly (not follow parents' orders) or if you cause her to break the law (such as a curfew violation). Also, do not take photographs of her nude or encourage her to send them to you--you can be charged with manufacturing child pornography.

What you mean by "date" will determine whether your conduct could be criminal. If you are thinking movies and restaurants and shopping sprees, then you are okay.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. My firm's website can be viewed at www.francelawgroup.net.

2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

2

Answered . Age of consent in Ohio is 16. However, her parents do have legal authority to exercise over her. Not sure if that answers your question or what exactly you had in mind.