Skip to main content

What is the law in SC on CDV charges? and can they be dropped or dismissed?

Sumter, SC |

my husband went to jail on CDV charges, i didnt not call the law or ask for him to be arrested, they was injury and i was taken to the ER how do i get the charges on him dismissed.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You can let the prosecutor know that you want the charges dismissed. This does not guarantee that they will be dismissed, but it could help. YOur husband should get an attorney. Pre Trial Intervention, a program that does not result in a conviction, might be available if your husband has no record.

  2. While they can be dismissed, most if not all circuits will not dismiss. Additionally, your request it be dismissed will not be followed. The state now is making the prosecution decision. Your husband needs a lawyer.

  3. I agree with Mr. Morin, your husband needs an attorney. | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics