WHAT IS THE LAW IN OHIO FOR SEX OFFENDERS LIVING NEAR CHILDREN AND ARE THEY ALLOWED TO LIVE UPSTAIRS FROM CHILDREN

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Family law

THERE IS A WOMAN WHO JUST GOT CUSTODY OF TWO LITTLE GIRLS AND HER BOYFRIEND IS A REGISTER SEX OFFENDER AND AFTER SHE GOT CUSTODY OF THESE CHILDREN SHE AND HIM RENTED A HOUSE WHICH IS 2 UNIT HOUSE HE LIVES UP AND SHE LIVES DOWN WITH THE CHILDREN HE ALSO SELLS NARCOTICS AND A EX GANG MEMBER . CPS HAS PUT THESE CHILDREN FROM ONE BAD SITUATION TO ANOTHER . SOMETHING SMELLS I FEEL .WHAT DO I DO ?

Unless the offender is currently on a form of community control (i.e. probation or parole) and the conditions of that control prohibits it, the offender has the same rights as any other citizen. That goes for the woman. If her custody decree states that she cannot bring the children around sex offenders, then she's not doing anything illegal. If the children aren't being harmed, you should do nothing. The mother should be able to parent her children the way she deems appropriate (even if we disagree with her choices).

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

So how does child protective services make a recommendation if it clearly states that anyone person involved with or has been convicted of such crime they can not place these children with them.