What is the law in nys on who is intitled to a settlement on a wrongful death lawsuit

mom,dsd

Canandaigua, NY -

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bronx, NY

It is pursuant to statute and depends upon who is alive. Specifically, what is status?

Sponsored Listing
Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Personal Injury Lawyer - White Plains, NY

There is no short answer to your question. Read my Avvo Guide on Wrongful Death Law and Procedure in NY.

Scott Joseph Whitbeck

Scott Joseph Whitbeck

Personal Injury Lawyer - Buffalo, NY

You need to discuss the facts of the case, and the remaining family who could bring and benefit from such an action. You may also want to consider if there is a conscious pain and suffering case as well. Call our office for a free consultation. I would be happy to discuss the case with you.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bellmore, NY

If only parents are alive, then parents.

Jeff D. DeFrancisco

Jeff D. DeFrancisco

Wrongful Death Attorney - Syracuse, NY

The Estates Procedures and Trusts Law (EPTL) will also tell you who would be entitled to the proceeds in an estate if there is no Will.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Wrongful Death Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

The law allows the 'personal representative' of a decedent's estate the right to sue for pecuniary loss on behalf of those persons who would recover under the estate.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com