What is the law if anybody make fake resume and lie to employer ? I am international citizen with USCIS immigration status

Asked about 1 year ago - Dayton, OR

One IT consultancy offered me free training + transportation + accommodation and I moved in their city. I just know that after this few weeks training they will make fake 5-8 year work experience in US and send in client work place through their vendor. Even I need to lie in work place that I worked 5-8 year in USA. In reality I don't have any work experience in USA and I just got work permit 2 months ago and I came USA 1.5 years ago. I don't want to accept their this fake identity. If I say
no they said I need to return back their investment for this training and otherwise they will go in court house. They signed me paper that I have work for them after training and if I leave the training i have to pay back everything (around $500 to $600) in 30 days. What should I do?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . This is fraud. Do not cooperate with them.

2. Samira Recob

4

Answered . Run, don't walk, to your nearest experienced immigration attorney in your area and secure a consultation.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . You need to consult with an immigration attorney ASAP.