What is the law about NUISANCE

Asked 11 months ago - Burlington, IA

I' am 22 years old and my parents are having a problem with this thing that the city of Burlington Ia. call environment Nuisance. can you help me shed some light on this issue .

1. Erik S. Fisk

1

Answered . In Iowa, these municipal nuisances are governed by statute and ordinance. Have your parents look at Burlington's ordinances and Iowa Code Chapter 364.22 and 364.12. They should respond quickly.

2. Thomas O. Moens

1

Answered . This is probably concerning weeds, trash, or abandoned vehicles on their property. If they were given a notice, they need to comply by the deadline. If they do not, the city will take care of it and charge them an exorbitant amount of money.

3. Golnar Sargeant

Answered . Not without more facts. Nuisance is a broad and general concept of U.S. common law with many facets and types.