Skip to main content

What is the law about NUISANCE

Burlington, IA |

I' am 22 years old and my parents are having a problem with this thing that the city of Burlington Ia. call environment Nuisance. can you help me shed some light on this issue .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Not without more facts. Nuisance is a broad and general concept of U.S. common law with many facets and types.


In Iowa, these municipal nuisances are governed by statute and ordinance. Have your parents look at Burlington's ordinances and Iowa Code Chapter 364.22 and 364.12. They should respond quickly.

You can reach our offices directly at (515) 288-6041. The comments listed here are of a general nature and should not be understood to create a formal attorney-client relationship -- that is, I am not, and I cannot give you legal advice here. I am licensed in Iowa and to become your attorney, I need to understand the particular facts and circumstances of your legal question.


This is probably concerning weeds, trash, or abandoned vehicles on their property. If they were given a notice, they need to comply by the deadline. If they do not, the city will take care of it and charge them an exorbitant amount of money.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer