What is the Kansas Statue of limitations on libel?

Topeka, KS |

Whats the statute of limitations on filing a libel suit? I am having a hard time getting the identity of the person who made a false police report against me. Its been ruled false, and the issue is closed. But it will take legal filings to get the person's name....

1 yr

Yes, I agree with Christian

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

Unfortunately only 1 year it seems.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes