What is the importance of speeding citation errors?

Mishawaka, IN |

i got pulled over for bring "clocked " at 59 in a35, yet i know i was nowhere near that. there were obstructions in the way of the officers line of sight for his radar including incoming traffic and other foliage. .. any ways he gave me a ticket but everything was wrong on it except the time and the speed i was going. and by everything i mean everything, name(which wasn't even mine),car , drivers license number, etc.and it isn't signed. please tell me there is a way to get out of it

The only way the officer would have had another name or the info for another vehicle is if you gave him false ID and registration, as, that is what the officer uses to write the ticket. That could be charged as a Felony. Call a local criminal defense attorney to discuss you options.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

You might have had a case to get the ticket dismissed because of the obstructions in his line of sight, but the information about the ticket being incorrect has just upgraded you from a traffic infraction to a felony. Additionally, the person's whose information was used will be facing a ticket on their record because of what you have done.

The only way I can see out of this is if the officer gave you some other driver's ticket. I say this only because the information regarding the car is incorrect. This is information that the officer would have observed himself and not received from you. If this is the case then you still need to at least consult with a traffic attorney. Given that all the information belongs to another person, including the car info, it would be hard for the police to find you.

There may be a way to get out of this. How did the officer get the wrong information? Does it have your address? DOB? Many unanswered questions. Take the ticket to a local criminal defense attorney to discuss.

i gave him my licensed and registration with my name and everything, i have a1999 Toyota solara red, ...after i get home i notice that everything its wrong, different name different vehicle, and by different i mean obviously not an easy mistake to make. ..everything was inaccurate and had nothing to do with me. ..but within the four boxes beneath the personal information where they pot down the traffic violation it did have accurate info such as time, date, alleged miles per hour ...like i said besides all of this incorrect info on this ticket can i use anything in my defense, such as when was the last time he calibrated the radar?

i really don't know how he got this info. and judging on the patrol car(it being a newer Ford taurus) i assumed he knew what he was doing. i guess thats what they say about assumptions

Michael David Babcock

Michael David Babcock

If he has all incorredt contact info. then there is no way the ticket can be put in the system with your info. The clerk of the court has to put all info in the sysytem and contact you with a court date. Without that the ticket cannot be put under your name and nothing can be traced back to you. If you don't rcv anything in the mail in the next month or so call the clerk and simple ask them to do a search under your name for any infractions or court dates. Don't tell them the circumstances You might just luck out.

ive heard that in that case it would be a felony, no? wouldn't the guy whose contact info whose was on mine receive the ticket, and is it possible that he has the correct ticket and handed it in and just gave me someone else's? because in that case he doesn't have a copy of the person s ticket of which he gave the ticket to me. which means that person would luck out right.. ...ahhh brain cramp. ..

Michael David Babcock

Michael David Babcock

It would only be a felony if you gave false info. Make an appt with a local criminal defense attorney. Take in the ticket and discuss.

thanks really appreciate the help wish me luck