What is the immigration law

Asked over 2 years ago - Flushing, NY

I have know the same law of 2 years green card & 10 years green card and what is law of immigration

1. Eugene J. Glicksman

8

Answered . A two-year 'conditional' green card is only issued to someone who obtained their residence through marriage to a US citizen, and who received the residence before the second anniversary of the marriage. A card valid for a ten-year card period is the 'standard' card; it is issued to a resident other than one described in the first sentence.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

8

Answered . I don't understand your question. The years of wait for visa availability is determined by the DOS Visa Bulletin.
    Sent on the SprintĀ® Now Network from my BlackBerry

3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

6

Answered . I agree that the question is confusing. There are investor visas that also require a conditional resident period, but marriage based visas are more often the issue.

A person can lose their green card status if they leave the U.S. after the expiration of the two year card. That is, unless they file a petition to remove the 2 year condition on their permanent resident status.

For more information on self and joint petitions that may remove the condition and create permanent resident status, I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  4. Debbi Lee Klopman

4

Answered . I also cannot understand your question.

Debbi Klopman, ESq.
    398 Bergen Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11217
    www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com
    dkny430@aol.com
    718 622 1208
    This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship