What is the highest form of law?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

Federal, State, common law, admiralty, equity, chancery, private international, commercial/contract, treaties, Constitutions, Talmudic, Ecclesiastical, cannon, natural et al.?

Pro

11

Answered . The law of gravity.

2. Robert Lewis Schenk II

8

Answered . The Force.

3. Malosack Berjis

8

1

Answered . The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land (if that's what you're inquiring about).

4. David Herman Hirsch

7

1

Answered . I agree that it depends on the context, since you even include religious references in your question. However, in the context of federal and state law, Article VI, Section 2, of the U.S. Constitution which is known as the Supremacy Clause, provides that the "Constitution, and the Laws of the United States … shall be the supreme Law of the Land." Therefore the federal government, in exercising any of the powers enumerated in the Constitution, prevails over any conflicting or inconsistent state laws.

5. John Arthur Daniels

6

Answered . Tony Soprano.

6. Troy Windel Marsh Jr.

4

Answered . The Constitution of the United States of America.

7. Celia R Reed

5

1

Answered . It depends on the context in which it is applied. There is no universal 'highest form of law.'

8. Christopher Irvin Simser

5

Answered . My ex-wife.

9. Thomas Richelo

3

Answered . If I can be forgiven for responding with a question, why on earth did you ask this question? Look at all of the legal minds you have challenged to come up with the most clever answer! Aside from witty retorts, there is no single "correct" answer because all such answers would depend on one's belief system.
    So, I want to know: What do YOU think is the highest form of law?