What is the highest form of law?

Atlanta, GA |
Filed under: Constitutional law

Federal, State, common law, admiralty, equity, chancery, private international, commercial/contract, treaties, Constitutions, Talmudic, Ecclesiastical, cannon, natural et al.?

1. It depends on the context in which it is applied. There is no universal 'highest form of law.'

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

2. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land (if that's what you're inquiring about).

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree that it depends on the context, since you even include religious references in your question. However, in the context of federal and state law, Article VI, Section 2, of the U.S. Constitution which is known as the Supremacy Clause, provides that the "Constitution, and the Laws of the United States … shall be the supreme Law of the Land." Therefore the federal government, in exercising any of the powers enumerated in the Constitution, prevails over any conflicting or inconsistent state laws.

4. The Force.

Mr. Schenk may be reached at (678) 823-7678 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at rob@schenkfirm.com. The above statements are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended as legal advice or advice of any sort for a specific case or legal matter. If you do not have a signed attorney-client fee agreement with The Schenk Law Firm, then until such written fee agreement is provided and signed by both a prospective client and attorney for a particular case, neither Mr. Schenk nor the Firm will represent you nor will they be your attorney in any matter and you remain responsible for retaining your own attorney and for compliance with any and all deadlines and for any statutes of limitations that may pertain to potential claims. Comments made on a public forum, such as Avvo.com, to not have any confidentiality because others may read them. If you desire a private consultation with Mr. Schenk that is confidential, please go to www.schenkfirm.com or call (678) 823-7678 for a free initial consultation.

5. Tony Soprano.

This is only an Avvo answer. I am not getting paid to give this response and am basing this response only on the information provided to me in the above question.

6. The Constitution of the United States of America.

Answers to questions on this web site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Unless you and Troy W. Marsh, Jr. have signed a written contract, Troy W. Marsh, Jr. is not your attorney, and you are not his client. www.marshlaw1.com troy@marshlaw1.com

7. If I can be forgiven for responding with a question, why on earth did you ask this question? Look at all of the legal minds you have challenged to come up with the most clever answer! Aside from witty retorts, there is no single "correct" answer because all such answers would depend on one's belief system.
    So, I want to know: What do YOU think is the highest form of law?

Constitutional law topics