What is the Georgia statute of limitation on felony theft by taking?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Stone Mountain, GA

I was arrested (first time ever) in 8/11 for theft by taking. At that time they told me I had a warrant out for my arrest since 8/09, which is impossible because I have done multiple fingerprints & background checks for jobs during that period of time, not to mention I was pulled over for speeding & nothing ever come up on me. The detective that took out the warrant was fired before my arrest for fraud. The warrant only had my name and a statement that it is assumed that I may have committed this crime. As of today I have received nothing regarding this case or a court date, & I have not been indicted or formally charged. I was assigned a public defender & she advised me to wait & not do anything to see if they charge be because the statute of limitation runs out this year. Is that true?

1. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

3

1

Answered . Generally 4 years from the date of the offense.