What is the format of Affidavit letter that USCIS requires?

USCIS requires Affidavits: Notarized affidavits of friends, neighbors, or other knowledgeable associates. Those who provide sworn or affirmed affidavits must have been living at the time the events occurred and have personal knowledge of the event that is to be proven. Due to my Dad lost his marriage certificate, my dad and mom was married in 1957. There is no way to get his marriage certificate now. He needs to get 5 Affidavits from his old friends who attended his wedding in 1957. What is the format of the Affidavits?

San Diego, CA -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

There is no required format except that each affidavit must be notarized.

John Qumars Khosravi

John Qumars Khosravi

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

I would suggest including their full names, date of birth, place of birth, address and contact information in the affidavit in addition to the details of how they know each other and their attestation to the details of the event.

Related Advice