What is the format of Affidavit letter that USCIS requires?

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

USCIS requires Affidavits:
Notarized affidavits of friends, neighbors, or other knowledgeable associates. Those who provide sworn or affirmed affidavits must have been living at the time the events occurred and have personal knowledge of the event that is to be proven.
Due to my Dad lost his marriage certificate, my dad and mom was married in 1957. There is no way to get his marriage certificate now. He needs to get 5 Affidavits from his old friends who attended his wedding in 1957. What is the format of the Affidavits?

1. There is no required format except that each affidavit must be notarized.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. I would suggest including their full names, date of birth, place of birth, address and contact information in the affidavit in addition to the details of how they know each other and their attestation to the details of the event.