What is the form for pardon in immigration?

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

my mother got deported in the 70s when she apply for a visa in our country she was granted with the visa until 9/11 where the goverment got more strict. She went to renew her visa and they ask her if she was ever reported. She answer no, because she did not remember. I am a citizen now and i want to fix my mother status

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Veronica Tunitsky

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You facts are a bit confusing. Are you saying that your mom was deported in the 70s, but stayed? Or did she physically leave? And at what point did she get a visa and why kind? And when exactly did she go to renew this visa? And have they accused her of misrepresentation ?

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an... more
  2. Myron Russell Morales


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It sounds like you might be asking about the I-212. You should consult with an attorney to make sure that your facts are completely understood.

  3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As a citizen you can petition for your mother. However, the fact that she was previously deported will have to be addressed as well as he fact hat she failed to disclose the deportation on a visa application. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review her case and advise you how best to proceed.

    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
    email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
    web: www.devorelawgroup.com

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,574 answers this week

3,294 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,574 answers this week

3,294 attorneys answering