What is the foreclosure process of a joint tenancy consisting of a 50% single man and a 50% married couple tenancy in common?

Orange, CA |

I am a private investor and would like to purchase a condo that is currently in notice of default and set to go to auction in a few weeks. The property is deeded between a single man who holds 50% and a married couple who hold 50%. All 3 are listed as borrowers. If I buy the property at auction will I run into any problems in transferring the deed?

The trustee should had you a clean deed. Discuss with them before you buy.

Disclaimer - This response does not constitute legal, accounting or other professional advice. Only through a personal, confidential consultation with qualified legal counsel can anyone properly evaluate their own unique legal challenges and determine what, if any, appropriate legal strategies and tactics should be implemented to meet those challenges.

Circular 230 Disclaimer - “Nothing in this response is intended or written to be used, and cannot be used by any person for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties regarding any transactions or matters addressed herein. You should always seek advice from independent tax advisers regarding the same.

Recommended articles about Real estate