What is the Florida Statute of limitations on recovering property time?

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

I have looked and read the entire Florida Statutes at http://www.leg.state.fl.us - but I cannot seem to find anything about how long the State has to file charges after a cop raid of a home with search warrant. In my case, it has been six months with no charges filed, but they have had all my belongings. IPAD, computers, server, cameras, etc. I just want my stuff back so I can get back to trying to make money. The entire seizure was bunk anyway from my former partner running to the cops saying I ran a fraud website, which is false. I just don't know what to do. They seized my bank account so no money to pay lawyer. I just want to know - what is the statute of limitations that our Government can just hold my stuff with no arrest and just basically messing with me?

1. Bryce Aric Fetter

2

Answered . Look at Florida Statute 775.15. That is the Statute of Limitations statute. Basically, the more serious the charge the more time the State has to charge you. www.BryceFetter.com

2. Craig A. Epifanio

2

Answered . Fla. Stat. 775.15 applies to most, but not all charges. So a lot depends on what they are going to charge you with. One example, of exceptions to this statute is the theft and fraud statutes which allow for a 5-year statute of limitations. It would be best to talk to an attorney in person to be sure.

3. David Richard Damore

Pro

1

Answered . I'll refer you back to our past answers.