What is the filing fee to answer a summons in a civil cc debt suit in MA? Do I need to mail it with answer to District Court?

Rockland, MA |

I

For accurate and immediate information about filing requirements, contact the clerk of the court in which the case is filed.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

I agree with Attorneys Barletta and Sinclair.

The foregoing answer does not establish an attorney client relationship, is not confidential, and should not be relied upon in place of an actual consultation with an attorney. Attorney Samiotes is licensed to practice in Massachusetts, the Federal District Court of Massachusetts, and the Court of International Trade. Most initial consultations are free. Further information is available on my profile and at http://www.bjgalaw.com/.

Jonathan Barletta

Jonathan Barletta

Thank you.

There is no filing fee to file an Answer. However, I would strongly recommend counterclaiming under 93A for unfair and deceptive business practices. You can use this as leverage as the case proceeds.

Good luck!

The above response is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer, and any communication between us is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Jonathan Barletta

Jonathan Barletta

The Asker didn't provide any information that would warrant the filing of a 93A claim. Surely the mere filing of a Complaint against the Asker, without more, isn't enough. What if the Plaintiff has not acted in an unfair or deceptive manner up to this point? I think we need more facts to determine the viability of a 93A claim. Based on the information provided by the Asker, my opinion is to file an Answer and then try to work out a payment arrangement with the Plaintiff/Plaintiff's attorney.

None

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.