What is the filing fee for an uncontested divorce in Dallas County, Texas?

Asked over 4 years ago - Dallas, TX

I need to file an uncontested divorce with no property and no minor children. What are the filing fees, and where do I go to file in Dallas, Texas?

1. Christopher Michael Schmiedeke

Answered . The filing fee is Dallas is $255.00. The address of the Court is 600 Commerce Street, Dallas, Texas 75202. However, you cannot just show up and file your divorce. You have to prepare the proper paperwork.

You can either retain an attorney to handle your case (most expensive); prepare the documents yourself (cheapest, but requires a lot of work); or have the forms created for you by an attorney but represent yourself (less expensive and much less of a hassle).

Good luck!