What is the fee to getting misdemeanor criminal charges expunged?

San Diego, CA |

Two commercial burglary charge's on record, but only one show's up on my background check when applying for a job.

In San Diego the court normally charges $60 per case. However, if you can't afford that the fee can be waived. You can contact the San Diego Public Defender to assist in obtaining an expungement, or you can hire a private defense attorney if you need the matter handled expeditiously.

Law Office of Andrew Limberg, APLC 380 S. Melrose Dr., #329 Vista, CA 92081 (760) 806-4381

I didn't know that. Thank you.

You need to consult with several local San Diego criminal attorneys - check their experience & if they are familiar with the local courthouse, prosecutors, etc. All attorneys charge different fees & some allow payment plans.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Lawyers' fees will vary for this but I suggest you contact local criminal lawyers over the phone to get a price quote as many of us AVVO lawyers offer free consultations. The court charges a $60.00 filing fee but this would be in addition to the lawyer fees if you retain a lawyer to handle this.

David M. Boertje, Esq.
(619) 229-1870
www.boertjelaw.com

*Please note that this is not legal advice and in no way formed an attorney-client relationship*

What county? Fees differ from county to county. It could be that you may have two charges and one was dismissed. There are not enough facts here to provide a meaningful answer. I suggest contacting an attorney to review your file and develop a strategy. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation. I suggest meeting with at least one soon while the facts are still fresh in your mind.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

$60 court filing fee in SD county, assuming the case originated as a misdemeanor. If it was pled down from a felony, then the fee is $120 per case.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

It was a felonythat pled down to a misdemeanor. Thank you.