What is the fastest way to convert a employment based green card into citizenship? I just got my green card last month

Asked 8 months ago - Miami, FL

1. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

3

Answered . You will have to wait 4 years and 9 months (as of the date of becoming a permanent resident) before you can apply unless you are married to a US citizen (then 2 years and 9 months).

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

3

Answered . There is no fastest way. You may file for naturalization up to 90 days prior to the 5th anniversary of your admission date (or 3d anniversary if you marry a US Citizen and remain married for at least 3 years).

3. Gintare Grigaite

3

Answered . The fastest way is to wait 4 years and 9 months. There is no conversion as such.