What is the fastest way to convert a employment based green card into citizenship? I just got my green card last month

Miami, FL |

1. You will have to wait 4 years and 9 months (as of the date of becoming a permanent resident) before you can apply unless you are married to a US citizen (then 2 years and 9 months).

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

2. There is no fastest way. You may file for naturalization up to 90 days prior to the 5th anniversary of your admission date (or 3d anniversary if you marry a US Citizen and remain married for at least 3 years).

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

3. The fastest way is to wait 4 years and 9 months. There is no conversion as such.

Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.