What is the fastest way for me to become a United States citizen?

Asked over 4 years ago - Baytown, TX

Hi, I was brought into the United States illegally at the age of 5(1992) and am now 22. My parents are both undocumented but have a I-130 filed(1997, sibling). would this form help me at all because i am older than 21? or is there a faster way to become legal? please help me

1. Isaul Verdin

Answered . You are 245i protected and will be able to obtain your green card from within the United States. You don't indicate your country of nationality, but if you are from a country other than Mexico or the Philippines, then you can go ahead and file for your green card. If you are from Mexico, then I estimate another 2 to 4 years before you can obtain your green card. Your age is irrelevant in this case. In the event you were to marry a U.S. citizen, then you could immediately file for your green card. Best of luck.