Skip to main content

What is the fastest way for me to become a United States citizen?

Baytown, TX |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

Hi, I was brought into the United States illegally at the age of 5(1992) and am now 22. My parents are both undocumented but have a I-130 filed(1997, sibling). would this form help me at all because i am older than 21? or is there a faster way to become legal? please help me

Attorney Answers 1


You are 245i protected and will be able to obtain your green card from within the United States. You don't indicate your country of nationality, but if you are from a country other than Mexico or the Philippines, then you can go ahead and file for your green card. If you are from Mexico, then I estimate another 2 to 4 years before you can obtain your green card. Your age is irrelevant in this case. In the event you were to marry a U.S. citizen, then you could immediately file for your green card. Best of luck.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics