What is the emancipation process?

Front Royal, VA |
Filed under: Family law

I would like to know the process of emancipation and how long this process takes. I have many more questions, such as do your parents have to consent and can I like but pay rent with a friend.

1. I would recommend that you review this excellent Avvo Legal Guide previously posted by another member of this community. If you have additional questions, I would recommend speaking with a local attorney that can give you specific information about how the judges in your area view this issue.

The information provided in this response is in the nature of general information and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship with anyone including the individual who posted the question. If you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss the specifics of your case, please contact Livesay & Myers, P.C., (540) 370-4140, www.livesaymyers.com.

2. I suggest that you contact lawyer, since what you seek is a complex and will be hard to accomplish by yourself.