What is the effect of a dui arrest on renewal of cpa license in georgia? I have not been convicted.

Asked over 4 years ago - Stone Mountain, GA

what is the effect of a dui arrest on renewal of cpa license in georgia? I have not been convicted.

1. Robert Keith Prater

Pro

Answered . With the Caveat that your question requires research and I don't know a lawyer that will research and answer a fact specific question like yours without being paid and I am providing my un-researched off the cuff opinion based solely on 22 years of practice in the area, I have never heard that a DUI conviction would have any effect on a Certified Public Accountant License. It is not a crime of moral turpitude. Apart from wrecking your insurance for several years to come, a DUI effects a commercial license pretty seriously and it will affect a number of security clearance jobs. Again, without talking to you I suspect your concern was whether it was considered a crime of moral turpitude. Please hire someone good to represent you. I recommend Larry Kohn Kevin Mooney or George Creal for your area. Call one of them now. Don't wait another day.

2. Douglas Warren McDonald Jr.

Answered . there is not effect at this time, unless you have been convicted. many applications however will ask if you have been arrested. in my experience you will not suffer any harm, however you must be truthful in your application to avoid penalty.