What is the EEOC's Enforcement Unit ? What does this mean ? I claimed an employment discrimination lawsuit.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

My former employer discriminated and retaliated against me in 2012.

1. Ryan M. Finn

Pro

2

Answered . The enforcement unit is in charge of the investigation into your claim. If you have a private attorney then your attorney works with the invetigator. If you do not have a private attorney, then you will also work with someone from the EEOC Legal Unit, who is in charge of prosecuting individual claims where a private attorney is not involved.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Finn

2. Vincent Peter White

Answered . The EEOC enforcement unit generally means that Alternate Dispute Resolution has failed. Usually, in my experience, the EEOC investigates and then simply produces a Right to Sue letter. You are at the point where you may wish to consider meeting with attorneys to get answers and plan for Federal Litigation.