Skip to main content

What is the difference between making objections to a tentative ruling and making a motion for a new trial?

Los Angeles, CA |

i was not allowed to submit evidence at a dissolution of marriage trial, i believe in error. i disagree with the tentative rulings made by the judge. do i first file objections and then make a motion asking for a new trial or are there other avenues to take? i am in pro per.

judicial misconduct tag is in error

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Tentative rulings are not final orders. You should still have an opportunity to convince the judge there is an error, perhaps at the hearing on whatever the matter is. Once the rulings become final, if you still disagree, you could file an appeal.
You really should consult with a local attorney.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer