What is the difference between commerical residents and residential?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I was infomed that I was being evicted for non payment in rent , and I wrote the judge and try to explain my reason and she reply back that I have to pay by 12/27/2012. How is that when I dont make that kind of money ? So I rewrote the judge again and see if there was a better option and that I was leaving by 01/22/2013, to save money to move with me and my kids .how long does it take to evict for commerical resident after deadline ? Is it up too 30 days ? I rent a condo that is privately owned. thank you

1. Barry A. Stein

Pro

2

Answered . A residential tenancy is subject to summary proceedings. If the eviction is for non payment of rent you receive a 5 day summons and you have to deposit all rent due in to the registry of the Court in order to be able to argue anything. If you dont pay you get evicted.

2. Barbara Billiot Stage

Pro

2

Answered . If you don't pay rent or leave by the date ordered, you will be a holdover tenant and liable to the landlord for double rent. It doesn't matter if you eventually leave because the landlord can pursue the judgment by garnishing your wages and assets. You could also be held in contempt do court for violating a court order, punishable by up to 179 days in jail. You cannot live in someone else's condo without paying rent and the law does not allow concessions for financial hardship.