What is the difference between being a person with a "valid license" vs. a duly licensed person?

San Mateo, CA |

For Contractor Licensing, I see sometimes that the person has to have a valid license which seems to be a license showing the the website. Meaning on paper, you have a valid looking license. Or am I wrong?

Sometimes a valid license means being duly licensed.

Or do they both mean the same thing?

There is no difference. A contractor has to have a valid license (except in limited circumstances) to perform construction work. A contractor that has a contractor's license is "duly licensed."
Having a valid license has nothing to do with a website - but you can find out whether a contractor has a valid license by checking the CSLB website.
The CSLB will issue a certificate for hanging on the wall to a licensed contractor and sends contractors a license card designed to fit into a wallet.

I think they are one and the same. It seems like a distinction without a difference, or mere semantics.

For confirmation of your hunch on this, I would speak with licensing attorney Christine McCall.

I agree with Mr. Hill especially where it comes to calling Christine McCall.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets