What is the difference between a "peeping tom" and a stalker?

Asked about 3 years ago - Seattle, WA

What would someone need to provide to authorities and then how does someone report this?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If you are being subjected to conduct that you think is either peeping or stalking, call the police and make a report. The prosecutor can decide later which violation, if any, to allege when filing charges.

    My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.... more
  2. Cindy Bassett

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Ms McCall is offering sound advice. Let the prosecutor worry about which charge to file against the alleged offender.

    As far as what someone would need to provide to authorities - I suggest you make the report. The officer who speaks with you will be able to tell you if you have enough information or evidence to support issuing a citation or arresting the alleged offender.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,836 answers this week

3,155 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,836 answers this week

3,155 attorneys answering