What is the difference between a "peeping tom" and a stalker?

Seattle, WA |

What would someone need to provide to authorities and then how does someone report this?

If you are being subjected to conduct that you think is either peeping or stalking, call the police and make a report. The prosecutor can decide later which violation, if any, to allege when filing charges.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Ms McCall is offering sound advice. Let the prosecutor worry about which charge to file against the alleged offender.

As far as what someone would need to provide to authorities - I suggest you make the report. The officer who speaks with you will be able to tell you if you have enough information or evidence to support issuing a citation or arresting the alleged offender.