What is the difference between a "peeping tom" and a stalker?

Asked about 3 years ago - Seattle, WA

What would someone need to provide to authorities and then how does someone report this?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you are being subjected to conduct that you think is either peeping or stalking, call the police and make a report. The prosecutor can decide later which violation, if any, to allege when filing charges.

2. Cindy Bassett

Answered . Ms McCall is offering sound advice. Let the prosecutor worry about which charge to file against the alleged offender.

As far as what someone would need to provide to authorities - I suggest you make the report. The officer who speaks with you will be able to tell you if you have enough information or evidence to support issuing a citation or arresting the alleged offender.