What is the difference between "Without Prejudice" and "Without Recourse"

Asked about 3 years ago - Springfield, OH

Currently in Foreclosure, Securitization Examination completed, Purported Lender has NO standing or jurisdiction. Filing Summary Judgment and upon winning, I DO NOT want anyone NO MATTER WHO, to ever be able to put myproperty into foreclosure again !! Do I ask for this Summary Judgment to be Without Prejudice? or Without Recourse?

Thank you in advance

1. Charles Ross Smith III

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should demand that the Plaintiff's case be dismissed "with prejudice." That only means that this particular Plaintiff can never bring this particular claim against you. Of course, if they can ever figure out who is the true owner of the note and mortgage (the real party in interest), then that person can sue you. And they will.

The tragedy of the present financial crisis was created by banks that sliced and diced their mortgages and then sold pieces of them to who knows who. Sometimes they just can't prove who owns what. If that happens in your case, you have no mortgage to pay (Good), but you also have an unsaleable home that has unclear title (Bad). The only way to clear title to your home is to file an "action to clear title." That can make your home saleable.

This a slow, expensive, complicated procedure that absolutely needs an experienced attorney. So save those mortgage payments, wait a year and get an attorney's advise on filing to clear title if no one files suit on your mortgage. Good luck.

2. Theodore Lyons Araujo

Pro

Answered . You cannot ultimately stop the proper party from suing for foreclosure, and no order from this proceeding will limit the rights of the proper party because they have not appeared in the suit.

Without prejudice means they can file the same suit again.

Without recourse means that they have no right to the relief.

3. Bernard James Conway

Answered . Jurisdiction is a matter concerning whether the court concerned is the proper venue in which to bring an action.