Skip to main content

What is the difference between "destroying my juvenile record" versus "sealing/expunging my record"?

Irving, TX |

My lawyer just told me that I am eligible to "destroy" my juvenile "charge/referral" because there was "no probable cause" stated by the prosecutor.

*Would I be able to omit it on my police applications?* Since police apps only ask to put down what has been sealed or expunged.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should use your attorney until you actually decide to go to another attorney. If you do decide to hire another attorney you may want to use the AVVO attorney search bar to find an attorney in your area TX. Good Luck.

Communication through AVVO does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.


Contact a local attorney even here on from TX and they will be able to answer this question. I have never heard of that term in law school or here in WA state. "Destroying a record" That sounds shady.


I'm not sure what your attorney meant by saying you could "destroy" your juvenile record. There is a sealing and expungement process you could be eligible for since there was "no probable cause" stated by the prosecutor. I would have a discussion with your attorney about what your options are when it comes to either sealing your juvenile record or expunging it.

This answer is meant for information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship has been established between the Avvo user and Cesar Garcia.


"Destroying" a juvenile record is not a legal term that exists in Texas. You should get clarification on what your lawyer meant.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer