What is the deadline in California to serve the trial brief and motion in limine on the Plaintiff's counsel in a limited civil?

Sacramento, CA |

I've looked up the Rule 3.1548. Pretrial Submissions, and that says 25 days before the Trial for serving a motion in limine on the Plaintiff. Since I am getting close to the cutoff, am I allowed to overnight my motion and still use the POS-030 proof of service form? I am also assuming that the "25 days" before the trial are actually calendar days and not Court days. Am I correct? What is the drop-off date to serve the Trial Brief? 25 days? When I have my motion in Limine served before 25 days, I will not have the Sheriff's declaration who will attempt to serve a CCP98 affiant with a subpoena, since the affiant is not available at a given address until 20 days before Trial. Should I bring my declaration in support of the motion with me to the Trial?

If you do not have an Attorney, you should. If you are an Attorney, you should bring in someone competent rather than betting your Bar ticket on random free advice.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.