What is the cut-off date for H1b lottery results?

Cincinnati, OH |

My employer has applied for my H1B visa in this year's quota however I have not received any intimation as to whether my application has been accepted in the lottery or not. My employer has received acceptance of some applications in batches but no rejections or rejection packages. Is there still a chance that my application may be accepted in the lottery? Is there a cut off date for the lottery results to be announced or should i assume my application has not been selected in lottery?

There is no cut off date. At this time CIS has send out notices for every petition that was filed in April.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Thanks, Anu. Since I have not received any intimation - acceptance or rejection, am I right in assuming that my application has not been accepted in the lottery?

Anu Gupta

Anu Gupta

I would think so.

There is no cut-off date, but your employer should have received the receipt notice (I-797) if you were selected for the lottery.

Contact the employer to see if the checks were cashed in your particular case.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thanks, Marc.

Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Marc Damien Sean Taylor

You're welcome. Hopefully, you get some good news from your employer.

I agree with my colleagues. There is no cut-off date.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.

I do not understand what you mean by "cut-off date." USCIS has, as far as I am aware, either receipted or returned all applications that were filed.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

By cut-off date I mean that is there an end date by which the USCIS would have completed sending acceptance/ rejection notice to all applications received? I am not referring to adjudication of accepted applications. As mentioned, my employer has neither received intimation that my application has been accepted in lottery and nor has it received a non acceptance notice/ return package. If my application has not been accepted in lottery by when should I expect to receive an intimation?

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Your employer needs to follow up with their attorney.

Recommended articles about Immigration