What is the custody status of my son Brock Robert Malsac 9yrs old Mothers name Launa Marie Ross Brock was born in Torrance Ca.

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I Marc Malsac have been away and she said she has sole custody I never received any papers . She won't let me see him without her presence which is uncomfortable to say the least. Also she continually harasses and baits me into arguments in front of him. She calls me at all hours and verbally abuses me threatens me with our child. She tell Brock lies about me to make him think his dad is not normal. Please advise .

1. Jason B Christmann

Best Answer

Answered . It seems like you have a couple different issues here: (1) whether or not there is any custody order in place, and (2) the harassment and threats to you in front of your child.

In regard to the custody issue, you can visit your local courthouse and see if there is any open case between you and the child's mother. If there is, you can pull the file and see if there is any order. However, a court does not have the authority to hear a case unless you have been notified (served). So if you have been away for a while and were not served with anything, then I doubt she could have obtained any custody order.

The continued harassment and threats is a completely different issue. If you have been a victim of domestic violence, you may want to consider obtaining a domestic violence restraining order. A restraining order is a court order issued to prevent the recurrence of acts of such abuse.

I would recommend contacting a local family law attorney to discuss your options.

2. Michael Charles Schwerin

Answered . See a lawyer as soon as possible.

3. Rhonda Diane Ellifritz

Answered . You should consult an attorney right away. Allowing this to continue could seriously affect your parental rights. For further information, visit http://www.ellifritzlaw.com