What is the custody status of my son Brock Robert Malsac 9yrs old Mothers name Launa Marie Ross Brock was born in Torrance Ca.

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I Marc Malsac have been away and she said she has sole custody I never received any papers . She won't let me see him without her presence which is uncomfortable to say the least. Also she continually harasses and baits me into arguments in front of him. She calls me at all hours and verbally abuses me threatens me with our child. She tell Brock lies about me to make him think his dad is not normal. Please advise .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jason B Christmann

    Contributor Level 6
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . It seems like you have a couple different issues here: (1) whether or not there is any custody order in place, and (2) the harassment and threats to you in front of your child.

    In regard to the custody issue, you can visit your local courthouse and see if there is any open case between you and the child's mother. If there is, you can pull the file and see if there is any order. However, a court does not have the authority to hear a case unless you have been notified (served). So if you have been away for a while and were not served with anything, then I doubt she could have obtained any custody order.

    The continued harassment and threats is a completely different issue. If you have been a victim of domestic violence, you may want to consider obtaining a domestic violence restraining order. A restraining order is a court order issued to prevent the recurrence of acts of such abuse.

    I would recommend contacting a local family law attorney to discuss your options.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute solicitation or legal advice. This answer... more
  2. Michael Charles Schwerin

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . See a lawyer as soon as possible.

    Michael is in San Jose, California and can be reached at 408-295-4232 or at schwerin@ix.netcom.com. Consultation... more
  3. Rhonda Diane Ellifritz

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You should consult an attorney right away. Allowing this to continue could seriously affect your parental rights. For further information, visit http://www.ellifritzlaw.com

    Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,327 answers this week

3,108 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,327 answers this week

3,108 attorneys answering