What is the current processing time for I-130(spouse to US citizen)?

Seattle, WA |

I'd like to have a general idea from when I hand the application in to when I go for the interview an estimate of how long I will have to wait.

Go to and scroll to the bottom of the page, to check current processing times. Keep in mind that these are only estimates and that the time to process your petition may be different. If you are filing I-485 along with the I-130 (when your spouse is already in the US), ask for advance parole (Form I-131), which will enable your spouse to travel abroad while the process is pending.

I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

If the foreign national spouse entered the U.S. lawfully, is present in the U.S., and qualifies to adjust status here, then in Seattle it's currently about 3-4 months. If the spouse is in removal proceedings, or does not qualify to adjust status but needs to consular process, then it's a whole different ball game.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)