What is the criteria/guidelines to ask for an expungment on a misdemeanor criminal conviction in the State Of Texas (Dallas) ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I was convicted of misdemeanor (class A) theft back in 2012 in Dallas, TX.. They gave me 60 days in jail and I served 20 days (3 for 1= 60). I want to ask the court to expunge that conviction for "EMPLOYMENT" purposes only. Can someone out there give me the details, guidelines and criteria for attempting to get the conviction expunged ?

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

2

Answered . If a class A misdemeanor charge results in conviction, expunction is not available unless the defendant is pardoned. Pardons rarely happen, but a defendant who was convicted could certainly consult a lawyer about trying to get one.