What is the cost for switching to a Visa that allows independent research and frequent travel to and from Europe?

My I-20 is expiring in a month but I didn't finish my degree, University can't extend I-20. What type of Visa I could apply to maintain legal status and how much would that cost including filing fees and attorney fees?

More details are needed in order to answer your question.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Unfortunately I can't afford the fee that your law firm charge for consultation in your office. If you are able to tell me what additional details you need to advise I will be happy to provide them. I am on a budget and I am looking for advises from lawyers who can help me understand what would be the cost associated and if applying to a different visa prior to enter my grace period is possible. I can't afford to pay such a high consultation fee without even knowing if what I am looking to accomplish is achievable or not.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Many attorneys do not charge a consultation fee. You may wish to schedule a consultation with one of them. However, keep in mind that it will cost you much more to apply for a temporary working visa (if you are eligible) then for a legal consultation. Good luck!

Not enough information with which to give a meaningful answer.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

What other info are needed to know if a lawyer can actually help?

More information is needed. Do consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney ASAP.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

You may have several options, but would need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney to find the right fit for your circumstances and needs. If you intend to make the visa change without having to leave the USA first you must act fast so you can see if you can file while in status, assuming that is a possibility.

Education law topics