What is the correct way to get a judge to make a decision on a case that was tried 8 years ago?

Asked over 3 years ago - Kiowa, OK

I have been calling my Laywer for 8 years now but he does not seem to want to confrount the judge. What are my options?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. John Hunsucker

    Contributor Level 13
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Not really enough information to give you a credible answer without speculating. Here are some tips that hopefully will help you though. Depending on county, you can find out the status of the case by going to www.oscn.net and click on court dockets across the top. Then look and see if your county is listed in the drop down box on left. If it is, click on the tab that says Search Dockets and enter info from there.

    If it is not listed, then click on the tab that says non-ocis counties and fill in information from there. Then you can pull up the docket form and see what the status is of the case and whether is really is that the judge hasn;t made a decision.

    If you are unhappy with your counsel and feel that he is not doing want you want, seek other counsel. New counsel can step in usually at almost any point in a case. If your attorney wan't return your calls, send a certified letter requesting an update and status of your case and what needs to be done to resolve it.

    Good luck. If my answer helped, please click the thumbs up button.

    Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.... more
  2. Pamela Koslyn

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Are you saying that a judge hasn't isssued a ruling after a trial held 8 years ago? That's extremely unusual, even in federal court where judges are known to take their time with decisions. I'd imagine that the other party has also been agitating for an answer. If your lawyer won't contact the court to see if this somehw slipped through the cracks, then consult another lawyer.

    PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL ME OR PHONE ME. I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,446 answers this week

3,392 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,446 answers this week

3,392 attorneys answering