What is the correct method for service when replying to a response?

Asked about 1 year ago - Everett, WA

I filed a motion for contempt . An an order continuing hearing and notice of appearance pro SE was signed in our first hearing . She was assigned counsel and my ex responded through her attorney by mail instead of process server . The notice of appearance seems to indicate that I can mail additional paperwork to her via mail . Would this be OK under CR5A ( 1 ) ?

1. Bruce Clement

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . In most situations, after personal service of the petition the parties can serve each other with motions by mail. There are always exceptions to every rule, however. It would be best to pay for a brief consultation with an experienced family attorney, who would review the pleadings before giving you advice. See my AVVO Legal Guides on motions and service of pleadings for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful.”

2. Vitaliy Kertchen

2

1

Answered . Yes, you can serve a reply by mail, fax, or even email. Just make out a declaration of service and file that with the court.

3. Constantine D. Buzunis

1

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Clement, seems like he would be someone you should consider hiring to advise you and assist in your case to ensure you have the best chance to prevail?