What is the consequence of showing up for court 8 days late in a prop 36 case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lomita, CA

I have completed all court mandated aa meetings and registrations and requirements. im simply wondering if ill be alright walking in tomorrow and asking to see the judge and simply finish and hand in all my paperwork. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time

1. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

1

Answered . Did you miss a court appearance? If so you have a bench warrant which needs to be recalled. Is your charge a felony? Did you have an attorney? If so contact them and give them your proof of completion and explain why you are 8 days late. Resolve it immediately because you could get arrested.

www.losangelesdefenders.com

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

Answered . If an attorney walks the matter in without your appearance and finalizes everything with the court, then the consequences may be less than if you walked it in if you don't have good cause. If you have good cause then the consequences may not be that bad.

3. Jacques Tushinsky-Fox

1

Answered . Do not walk in without a lawyer. Good luck.