WHAT IS THE CONSEQUENCE FOR A PERSON WHO IS ON PROBATION FOR ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON.AND HAS ASSAULTED BUT ANOTHER WOMAN N ARRST

Redlands, CA |
Filed under: Violent crime

I WAS ASSAULTED BY A MAN WHO IS ALREADY ON PROBATION FOR ASSAULT WITH DEADLY WEAPON WITHOUT FIREARM TO CREATE GBI. HE PUT A CHAIR IN FRONT OF DOOR AND WHEN I .. SAID I WAS LEAVING HE REFUSED TO ALLOW ME TO LEAVE. END RESULT WAS I FOUND MYSELF IN HOSPITAL TRAUMA CENTER WITH CONCUSSION AND STAPLES, LOSS OF CONSCIOUSNESS FOR LESS THEN AN HOUR..THREATEN ME BY SAYING HE'S AN ASSASSIN AND WOULD KILL ME. DO I HAVE TO TESTIFY IN COURT? WILL DA FILE WITHOUT MY APPEARING. AND LAST HOW MUCH TIME WILL HE SPEND IN JAIL. I'M READY TO PRESS CHARGES JUST AFRAID OF THE RETALIATION HE MAY BRING TOWARDS MYSELF AND FAMILY.

1. You should report what happened to you to the police. What may happen later in court should not really factor into your decision. He is facing the maximum remaining time on his existing probation plus whatever new charges there may be from what happened to you.

I would also strongly advise you seek victims counseling as well right away.

If you need a restraining order the police and victim counseling center should be able to assist.

2. Just go to the police. This clown is looking at probation violations plus new charges. Also, take advantage of the victim assistance program and secure a restraining order. Try not to be afraid. You are helping to get this creep off the streets.

3. Penalties can vary greatly depending on the strength of the evidence, the record of the offender and the extent of the injuries. Remember, he cannot retaliate if he's in prison.
    At your service,

4. Contact the Division of Victim Services at the San Bernadino DA's office: 303 West 3rd Street San Bernardino, CA 92415 (909) 382-3669

The Division of Victim Services has trained and experienced Victim Advocates to work with victims, witnesses and their families throughout and beyond the criminal justice process. It’s their mission to ensure that you are treated fairly and that your voice is heard. The Advocates will provide the following services and more:

Information on your rights as a crime victim
    Guidance in dealing with the court system
    Assistance in filling out applications for crime victim compensation
    Providing contact information for local resources and counseling referrals
    Emergency assistance
    Ongoing support while you learn to cope

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

Violent crime topics