What is the cite for the recent MS law that allows suspension of a license if one is involved in an accident without insurance?

Two people are involved in an accident. One of the people did not have automobile insurance and backed into the other in a parking lot. The insurance company has contacted my client stating that based on the fact my client was not carrying automobile insurance they can automatically suspend his license for not satisfying a settlement or the amount of repairs out of court. I need the citation for this new law.

Southaven, MS -

Stacy E Pepper

Stacy E Pepper

Personal Injury Lawyer - Ridgeland, MS

SEC. 63-15-1. Short title. This chapter may be cited as the "Mississippi Motor Vehicle Safety-Responsibility Law."

SEC. 63-15-27. Suspension of license, registration or operating privilege for nonpayment of judgment generally.

(1) Upon the receipt of a certified copy of a judgment, the department shall forthwith suspend the license and registration and any nonresident's operating privilege of any person against whom such judgment was rendered, except as hereinafter otherwise provided in this section and in section 63-15-33.
(2) If the judgment creditor consents in writing, in such form as the department may prescribe, that the judgment debtor be allowed license or nonresident's operating privilege, the same may be allowed by the department, in its discretion, for six months from the date of such consent and thereafter until such consent is revoked in writing, notwithstanding default in the payment of such judgment, or of any installments thereof prescribed in section 63-15-33, provided the judgment debtor furnishes proof of financial responsibility.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

SEC. 63-15-1

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Fort Myers, FL

Attorney Pepper is spot on.