What is the best way to go about getting a newspaper report of an arrest taken down The case was dismissed without prejudice.

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

The arrest and dismissal happened over a year ago and was expunged 8 months ago. Should I call the reporter or email the reporter. I have the dismissal as well as the expungment documents but don't want to share them over the internet fearing another story.

1. Chen Kasher

Answered . What did the story say? If it just said you were arrested, they are allowed to publicize that as it is public record. You may not have much of a legal leg to stand on, in which case I'd just ask to do that as a favor. But I know that many papers are not too fond of removing anything -- they consider it an affront to their integrity.

chenkasher@gmail.com
    chenkasherlaw.vpweb.com
    (773) 853-3062

2. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . The better action would be to take no action. If you contact the newspaper and they print a retraction, you are drawing more attention to the article. The older the article, the less people will find it.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Not much (well, actually not anything) you can do if the story was true when it was printed.