Skip to main content

What is the best way to go about gaining full custody of my step-daughter?

Spring, TX |

My husband has joint custody with his ex. We just found out that she with drew his daughter from her school with out confering with him (nor did she tell him after). He was not designated on any records as a person to be notified in cas of an emergency. What kind of conciquences will this action have for his ex if we attempt to gain full custody?

Attorney Answers 1


You need a consultation with an experienced family law/child custody attorney. What you've described sounds like the tip of the iceberg. A lawyer should review the custody order and discuss the facts with both of you. Do you have any idea why she withdrew the child from school? Homeschool? Private school?

If you would like to call me tomorrow, I'd be glad to a set up a meeting.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics