Skip to main content

What is the best way to go about a assault in the second degree on a police officer that went to the doctors but had no broke

New Rochelle, NY |

bones but took four weeks off of work.

also said that his arm was hurting him but they found no swelling

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


By hiring the best attorney available. You hurt a cop, even if you think he's faking it, you are in serious trouble. Get help.


I agree with my colleague. You are in serious trouble and need a good lawyer. I agree that it does not matter if you think he's faking. Prosecutors get really protective of the police.


It is a serious a charge. Hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Being off for four weeks means that it was a serious enough injury to get the DA's attention. Get yourself a tough criminal attorney, as you may be going to trial as the plea offer may be harsh.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.


Retain a good criminal lawyer to try to avoid a jail term.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer